Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 7, 2010 Meetings with the Provincia di L'Aquila and Medical Faculty Seminars

On the weekend of June 5-6, I traveled to Cinque Terre. These beautiful five villages are located on the water and offer breathtaking views. To clear my mind and exercise my body, there are walking trails between each town in the mountains along the sea. The walk from the top town to the bottom is estimated to take a little over 4 hours, so we started our journey at 9 am on Saturday. The towns offered a break between the walks so you can visit the shops and refuel in the gelaterias and restaurants. In addition to the beautiful views,we did have several steep climbs up the 1,000's of steps up and down the trail. Only saw one snake, who I allowed to take his time in getting off the path before I continued. (I needed a break anyway). Here are some of the views.

No comments:

Post a Comment